Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Naresh Agarwal <na...@firstrain.com> on 2001/10/10 17:56:05 UTC

Performance : Tomcat vs IIS (hosting Soap Services)

Hi

Can any one please tell me which (out of Tomcat and IIS) is better in terms
of performace and scalability, to host Soap Services.

I know that IIS and Tomcat are meant for different purposes and therefore
cann't be compared in general. But i want a comparison between the two when
both of them  host Soap Service.

Microsoft SOAP uses IIS to deploy its SOAP services. Apache SOAP uses Tomcat
to delpoy its SOAP services.

Is there any such benchmarking available.

Naresh Agarwal

Re: Performance : Tomcat vs IIS (hosting Soap Services)

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>.
Naresh Agarwal wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can any one please tell me which (out of Tomcat and IIS) is better in terms
> of performace and scalability, to host Soap Services.

Since you're asking on Tomcat Dev list: Tomcat, of course!

;-)

Bojan