Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Narahari 'n' Savitha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/06 06:08:38 UTC

file list without directory prepended how to get it

Consider this scenario friends.

build.xml

    |------------lib

                     |----------averyveryverylong.jar
                     |----------anotherlongjarfile.jar

now when I want to build a list of files in the lib folder I am using
<fileset dir="lib" id="hi">
    <include file=".jar" /<
</fileset>

I then use pathconvert

<pathconvert pathsep="," property="testing" refid="hi" />

what I am getting is
c:\lib\averyveryverylong.jar,c:\lib\anotherlongjarfile.jar

but that is not what I am expecting.

I am expecting just averyveryverylong.jar, anotherlongjarfile.jar

Can you help me out as to how to get this ?
-N

Re: file list without directory prepended how to get it

Posted by "Ivan \"Rambius\" Ivanov" <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

--- Narahari 'n' Savitha <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Consider this scenario friends.
>
> build.xml
>     |------------lib
>
> |----------averyveryverylong.jar
>
> |----------anotherlongjarfile.jar
>
> now when I want to build a list of files in the lib
> folder I am using
> <fileset dir="lib" id="hi">
>     <include file=".jar" /<
> </fileset>
>
> I then use pathconvert
>
> <pathconvert pathsep="," property="testing"
> refid="hi" />
You should consider <pathconvert> with a <mapper>:
<property name="fs" value="${file.separator}"/>
<pathconvert pathsep="," property="testing"
refid="hi">
   <globmapper from="${basedir}${fs}lib${fs}*.jar"
to="*.jar"/>
</pathconver>

Regards
Ivan

Re: file list without directory prepended how to get it

Posted by an...@tcs.com.
Hi savitha,

have u ever tried antelope jar. It's very good extention of ant and has a
lot of interesting tasks. (eg. if -else etc.)
now for ur problem. It can be done very easily using fileutil task in
antelope.jar

something like this:

<taskdef name="fileutil" classname="ise.antelope.tasks.FileUtilTask"/>
<target name="abc">
        <fileutil file="${out_dir}" property="file_list">
            <listfiles includepath="no"/>
     </fileutil>

</target>

include path is the key here for ur problem.
for antelope reference use this url :  http://antelope.tigris.org/

cheers!!

Ankur Agarwal
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: ankur1.a@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

"Narahari 'n' Savitha" <sa...@gmail.com>
05/06/2006 09:38 AM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List" <us...@ant.apache.org>

user@ant.apache.org
cc

Subject
file list without directory prepended how to get it

Consider this scenario friends.

build.xml

    |------------lib

                     |----------averyveryverylong.jar
                     |----------anotherlongjarfile.jar

now when I want to build a list of files in the lib folder I am using
<fileset dir="lib" id="hi">
    <include file=".jar" /<
</fileset>

I then use pathconvert

<pathconvert pathsep="," property="testing" refid="hi" />

what I am getting is
c:\lib\averyveryverylong.jar,c:\lib\anotherlongjarfile.jar

but that is not what I am expecting.

I am expecting just averyveryverylong.jar, anotherlongjarfile.jar

Can you help me out as to how to get this ?
-N

ForwardSourceID:NT0000C8D6
and any attachments. Thank you