Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Siddique Farhan-W13881 <fa...@motorola.com> on 2002/08/01 22:20:38 UTC

SOAPException

Hi Guys,
	I am trying to convert a SOAP client written in Perl to Java and I
am getting a SOAP-Exception at run-time.

Code snippet for connection in Perl is like this

$soap_response = SOAP::Lite -> uri('http://100.100.100.100:8000/DoneHere')
			        ->
proxy('http://100.100.100.100:8000/exect.pl')
                                            -> methodToExecute;

Part of my java code is like this

String proxyUri = "http: // 100.100.100.100:8000/DoneHere";
URL url = new URL("http://100.100.100.100.100:8000/exect.pl");

call.setTargetObjectURI (proxyUri);  //uri is a String
call.setMethodName ("methodToExecute");
org.apache.soap.rpc.Response resp = call.invoke(url,"");

The SOAP exeption I am getting is like this

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Connection reset by peer:
Connect
ion reset by peer; targetException=java.net.SocketException: Connection
reset by
 peer: Connection reset by peer]
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:42)
        at org.apache.soap.SOAPException.<init>(SOAPException.java:71)
        at org.apache.soap.SOAPException.<init>(SOAPException.java:77)
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnec
tion.java:328)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:205)

Is there something I am missing?? Please help. Thanks

Regards,

Farhan

Re: SOAPException

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
To use a proxy, you should create a SOAPHTTPConnection, set the proxy values
(e.g. setProxyHost, setProxyPort), then set the transport on your Call with
setSOAPTransport.  The URL for your invoke should be the URL of the service,
not the proxy.  Also, the TargetObjectURI is probably not the URL of the
service.  The samples commonly use a urn:xxxx.

Scott Nichol

Re: SOAPException