Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Christopher Pisz <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/26 19:57:13 UTC

STOMP - Client Individual Ack

What is the expected behavior from Artemis if I
* Connect to Artemis using the STOMP protocol
* Subscribe to a queue specifying Client-Individual as my Ack mode
* Receive a message from the queue to which I subscribed
* Never send an Ack for it?

Re: STOMP - Client Individual Ack

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
> Is there no way for me to limit the amount of time it can sit in
delivery, without the client closing?

Sure there is. Just configure slow-consumer detection as described in the
documentation [1].

I apologize if I misunderstood, but it didn't appear that you were asking
about how the broker could deal with such "slow" consumers previously.

Justin

[1]
http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/slow-consumers.html

Posted by Christopher Pisz <ch...@gmail.com>.