Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "anthony.dodd" <an...@ntlworld.com> on 2002/06/10 05:09:29 UTC

Connection Pools in JNDI - I've attached a solution

Due to the lack of support for certain data base types with the default
DataSource resource factory, I developed a generic datasource resource
factory org.apache.naming.factory.DataSourceFactory. This resource factor
allows you to create any object which implements the javax.sql.DataSource
interface.

It uses a simple introspection techique discover the properties of the
DataSource implementation your trying to instantiate and
then matches these properties with the values supplied in the
<ResourceParams> <parameter> elements.

The version supplied with this e-mail supports properties of the following
types String, int, short, long, float, double,
byte, char and boolean.

I've attached 3 files src.zip (which contains the source code), rf.jar a
packaged version which you can place in your common\lib directory and a
readme file which explains how to use the DataSourceFactory.

Regards
Anthony Dodd