Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by pabloa98 <pa...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/07 23:07:06 UTC

is maven plugin project alive?

Hello

https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/pulls displays 18 pull requests.
some of them so old like 2011.

Is maven plugin project alive? Or should we move to gradle? :)

Pablo

Re: is maven plugin project alive?

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
in addition, there is more than 40 plugins in this git mirror
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/
(that's one of the reason for hesitating to migrate one svn repo with one CI
job to 40 git repos with 40 CI jobs)

18 open PRs (I don't know in which state) for 40 plugins (and 76 closed): very
good health from these statistics :)

Now, if there is one precise Jira issue and/or PR that you are interested in,
don't hesitate to work with us to help us merge (after assessing if this is
the right direction to go)

For people interested in an overview of the diverse content (core, plugins,
libraries) maintained by Apache Maven project's community, you can have a look
at our distribution review page, which show the state of our current 87 source
release packages in our distribution area:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/dist-tool-plugin/site/dist-tool-check-source-release.html

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
the issue is not to merge blindly any request: it is to check the content, if
it is not too specific to a user, if there is IT, etc...

then if you'd like to help, yes, we're interested to help you become a
committer: you'll need to gain merit by taking a PR, check that it looks ok to
you then tell us if we're in sync with you

once we've seen that we're always ok with you, you'll have earned sufficient
merit for us to make you committer = you'll get commit access to do the
commits yourself, ie pass from RTC to CTR - Review Then Commit to Commit Then
Review (in fact, you'll Review Then Commit requests from the occasionnal patch
providers, without needing another Review Then Commit step from committers)

Is it ok?
What PR do you want to start with?

Regards,

Hervé