Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Girish <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/12 03:35:11 UTC

DIH - Insert another record After first load

Hi,

I did load of the data with DIH and now once the data is loaded. I want to
load the records dynamically as an when I received.

Use cases:

   1. I did load of 7MM records and now everything is working fine.
   2. A new record is received, now I want to add this new record into the
indexed data. Here is difference in the processing and the logic:
          * Initial data Load is done from a Oracle Materialized view
          * The new record is added into the tables from where view is
created and not available in the view now
          * now I want to add this new record into the index. I have a Java
bean loaded with the data including the index column.
          * I looked at the indexed file and it is all encoded.
   3. How do I load above loaded Java bean to the index?

An example would really help.

Thanks
Girish

Re: DIH - Insert another record After first load

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Girish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did load of the data with DIH and now once the data is loaded. I want to
> load the records dynamically as an when I received.
>
> Use cases:
>
>   1. I did load of 7MM records and now everything is working fine.
>   2. A new record is received, now I want to add this new record into the
> indexed data. Here is difference in the processing and the logic:
>          * Initial data Load is done from a Oracle Materialized view
>          * The new record is added into the tables from where view is
> created and not available in the view now
>          * now I want to add this new record into the index. I have a Java
> bean loaded with the data including the index column.
>          * I looked at the indexed file and it is all encoded.
>   3. How do I load above loaded Java bean to the index?

Take a look at SolrJ - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.