Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Randall Fidler <ra...@testadvantage.com> on 2006/12/07 22:33:02 UTC

Newbie Question

Hello,

            I just downloaded Continuum yesterday (v1.0.3) and have gotten
it up and running on Windows 2003 server.  I am using a Maven2 project with
Continuum and getting mixed results - i.e. sometimes it runs farther down
the line than other times.

The project I'm using works fine on a development machine, compiles, gets
dependencies and all that fun stuff but on Continuum, sometimes it cannot
get dependencies (which I can see are in the local repository) and other
times it will download the dependencies, using -U, when it executes 'clean'
but then says it cannot find the dependency it just downloaded when it runs
'package' or 'site' goals.  If it was a simple case of the something not
running, one particular goal, then I could understand but it fails at
different parts of the process for each build run. sometimes it runs 10
seconds and other times 10 minutes.

To me, I would think this to be a Maven2 problem (pom is wrong) but the
project builds fine with Maven2 outside of Continuum so I thought this
support list was the most appropriate.

Note:  Using Java 1.5 JDK with default profile/schedule on Continuum and did
not use a URL to define the project; I uploaded the pom file.

Randall

RE: Newbie Question

Posted by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com>.
Maybe you should see which settings.xml file your Continuum instance is
using and make sure that your repositories are properly defined in
there.

[...]

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]