Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Neil Miller <ne...@pobox.com> on 2011/12/01 22:55:10 UTC

Re: Seeking feedback on new Ivy plugin - latest status in version range

Hi Tom,
  This is something I've also thought about, and is somewhere down on my
to-do list. One thing I'd like you to consider is breaking this out of
the "rev" attribute, as I think this would simplify things in the long
run and possibly in the short run too.
E.g.
<dependency org="foo" module="bar" rev="latest" status="milestone">

Benefits:
- Works with any existing or future revision plugin
- Plug-in code would be simpler
- Cleaner for future addition of features e.g. status="milestone+" or
status="milestone,release"

Cons:
- Probably would take more effort to add, though possibly not that much

Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Neil