Posted to user@poi.apache.org by John Spackman <jo...@zenesis.com> on 2008/01/22 18:32:59 UTC

Getting the picture anchor point

Hi,

When reading the pictures in an existing spreadsheet is there any way to get
the sheet that the picture was placed on and it's anchor point?

Thanks,
John

Re[2]: Getting the picture anchor point

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
>> I had a stab at making sense of the escher records relating to pictures a
>> few weeks ago. After many hours, I hadn't really made much progress, and
>> my head hurt... I can't see support for it being added any time soon, as
>> the way microsoft implemented it all is just such a horrible mess :(
>
> I saw the commit messages but didn't have time to study the code.
> It's unlikely we have it implemented in 3.0.2. I hope it will 3.1.

Maybe when micrososft publish the updated file format documentation in mid
feb we'll stand a chance. As it is, it's a nested mess of EscherContainers
that all look almost the same, and you're never quite sure just how many
levels of containers down everything will go :(

Nick

Re[2]: Getting the picture anchor point

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
> I had a stab at making sense of the escher records relating to pictures a
> few weeks ago. After many hours, I hadn't really made much progress, and
> my head hurt... I can't see support for it being added any time soon, as
> the way microsoft implemented it all is just such a horrible mess :(

I saw the commit messages but didn't have time to study the code.
It's unlikely we have it implemented in 3.0.2. I hope it will 3.1.

Yegor

Re: Getting the picture anchor point

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.