Posted to user@spark.apache.org by hseagle <hs...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/16 08:14:31 UTC

Does spark-1.3.0 support the analytic functions defined in Hive, such as row_number, rank

Hi all,

     I'm wondering whether the latest spark-1.3.0 supports the windowing and
analytic funtions in hive, such as row_number, rank and etc.

     Indeed, I've done some testing by using spark-shell and found that
row_number is not supported yet.

     But I still found that there were some test case related to row_number
and other analytics functions. These test cases is defined in
sql/hive/target/scala-2.10/test-classes/ql/src/test/queries/clientpositive/windowing_multipartitioning.q

    So my question is divided into two parts, One is whether the analytics
function is supported or not, the othere one is that if it's not supported
why there are still some test cases

hseagle

Re: Does spark-1.3.0 support the analytic functions defined in Hive, such as row_number, rank

Posted by Arush Kharbanda <ar...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
You can track the issue here.

Its currently not supported, i guess the test cases are work in progress.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:44 PM, hseagle <hs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>      I'm wondering whether the latest spark-1.3.0 supports the windowing
> and
> analytic funtions in hive, such as row_number, rank and etc.
>
>      Indeed, I've done some testing by using spark-shell and found that
> row_number is not supported yet.
>
>      But I still found that there were some test case related to row_number
> and other analytics functions. These test cases is defined in
>
> sql/hive/target/scala-2.10/test-classes/ql/src/test/queries/clientpositive/windowing_multipartitioning.q
>
>     So my question is divided into two parts, One is whether the analytics
> function is supported or not, the othere one is that if it's not supported
> why there are still some test cases
>
> hseagle

[image: Sigmoid Analytics] <http://htmlsig.com/www.sigmoidanalytics.com>

*Arush Kharbanda* || Technical Teamlead