Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Nathanael Noblet <na...@gnat.ca> on 2004/10/21 19:15:09 UTC

POST data input filter questions.

Hello,
	I apologize in advance if I'm in the wrong place. I have searched
through the documentation provided through httpd.apache.org and the 2.0
(doxygen) API. Plus many of the examples. I'm interested in
implementing a module. I realize that this isn't the best place to ask,
but the modules list bounced? I couldn't subscribe following the
instructions at http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html for module
development, as well as the fact that the modules archive's last post
was in early 2005?

	I have a module as a handler that works as expected. The handler needs
to deal with POST data, which from my reading, means I need an input
filter. Which is fine, I can see how to set that up as well. Where I
get lost is, how does my handler get the POST data that I'd read using
my input filter? I assume it has to do with the context structure that
each module defines for itself. What I don't understand is where/how
this structure gets passed around. How would I access that structure
from my handler? If this is the wrong place to ask, and there is a
better place other then the defunc modules list, I am more then willing
to go there. Or if there is a document that explains this part of the
Apache input path, that would be great. I even looked through the PHP
source to see if I could figure it out. And though I can see that they
have a function for reading post data, I don't see exactly how that
gets back to the handler or back to the output stream handling...

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T/F 250.385.4613