Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Ian Dickinson <ia...@epimorphics.com> on 2012/03/13 12:04:44 UTC

Graduation: project chair

In recognition of the fantastic job of getting us to this point, I would
like to nominate Andy Seaborne to be the post-graduation project chair
for Apache Jena.

Presumably we hold the nominations phase open for {a while}, before
voting. Mentors, guidance?

Ian

Re: Graduation: project chair

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Ian Dickinson <ia...@epimorphics.com> wrote:
> In recognition of the fantastic job of getting us to this point, I would
> like to nominate Andy Seaborne to be the post-graduation project chair for
> Apache Jena.
>
> Presumably we hold the nominations phase open for {a while}, before voting.

Yup! Since you already discussed this on jena-private@ back in
February, 72 hours seems reasonable, and I'd just call for a vote
after that.

> Mentors, guidance?

Nothing much beyond

  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-jena-dev/201201.mbox/browser

from me. It's customary to hold votes on people things (adding new
committers or pmc members, choosing pmc chairs, etc) on private
mailing lists, but if you'd really want to do it here, I bet nobody
will stop you, not in the case of pmc chair choosing anyway.

cheers,

Leo