Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by santosh vysyaraju <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/07 14:04:24 UTC

about apache shindig

hi sir,

i am new user to apache shindig.
i visit the URL http://shindig.apache.org/
and downloaded the installation guide.
In the installation guide about an  hudson integration tool is there.
but its urls are not found to download.
ex:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Shindig%20Assembly/lastBuild/org.apache.shindig$shindig/
,
shindig-1.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT-java.zip<http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Shindig%20Assembly/lastBuild/org.apache.shindig$shindig/artifact/org.apache.shindig/shindig/1.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT/shindig-1.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT-java.zip>
,
shindig-server-1.1-BETA6-incubating-SNAPSHOT.war<http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Shindig/org.apache.shindig$shindig-server/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/org.apache.shindig/shindig-server/1.1-BETA6-incubating-SNAPSHOT/shindig-server-1.1-BETA6-incubating-SNAPSHOT.war>
,
shindig-1.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT-source.zip<http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Shindig%20Assembly/lastBuild/org.apache.shindig$shindig/artifact/org.apache.shindig/shindig/1.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT/shindig-1.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT-source.zip>

how can i access these url's.

in the installation instructions there are several steps like below.
1. Unzip the distribution archive to the directory you wish to install
Apache Shindig.
2. Install Apache Shindig in your Servlet container or in your Web server
depending the wanted
implementations. Have a glance to your server documentation before
processing. For instance,
you could do:
A.Java version: copy the Apache Shindig WAR file to $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps for
Tomcat.
B.PHP version: copy shindig-php into /var/www/html/shindig for Apache.
3. Open in you browser for instance
http://localhost:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=http://
www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

according to these steps i was downloaed the war file and deployed in to the
apache tomcat.
but i am sufering with 3rd step i think this is not coming due to the lack
of gadgets.
can  please help me, how to add the gagets to the apache shindig...

santosh,
computer science student(under graduate),
india....

Re: about apache shindig

Posted by Nuwan Bandara <nu...@bandara.co>.
Hi Santosh

If you need to have a trunk build you can of-cause, checkout the trunk
source and do a build without much hassle. Also You do not need gadgets to
be hosted inside shindig to get them rendered.

i.e http://localhost:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=*<URL>*<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=http://>

URL can come from any publicly accessible location. you can simply host the
gadgets in a HTTP server and give the URL. If the given URL is correct and
if you still can see the gadget; there maybe some issue with your
installation.

Regards,
/Nuwan