Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "NDelt (NDelt)" <bl...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/31 14:11:59 UTC

Suggestions for NetBeans IDE

Hello.
I'm using NetBeans 8.2 and I have some suggestions about it.

1) Old option menu & IDE information
In Tools->Options menu, it supports configurations about PHP 5.6 and C++98/11/14.

The problem is they are not latest version. Of course users can make PHP 7.0 files but final version is 7.2, and Command Line option is still PHP 5. Also, in Options->C/C++->Other menu, 'Default Standard' options don't support C++17.

I think this is because of slow update. NetBeans 8.2 came out in October 2016 and there wasn't any version update during the past year. Even the information of ‘NetBeans IDE Features - PHP Development’ webpage is described based on PHP 5.6.

Plus, I hope add Clang to basic C/C++ compiler of NetBeans IDE.(like Xcode)

2) Start Page
When I run NetBeans IDE, 'Start Page' is displayed with last project. I want an option to display Start Page(+Recent Projects) without opening last project files like Visual Studio.

3) Website/Forum Design
Design of NetBeans official website and forum is too old and texts are too small so it's a little hard to read. They need modern-style web design.

I’m very pleased with NetBeans, but I think it would be better if these improvements are made.
Thank you.

Re: Suggestions for NetBeans IDE

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Hello and welcome to the Apache NetBeans community, :-)

When you have issues, this is where you file them:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues

Probably useful to watch this to understand what's been going on:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkfX-W0tgNo

Thanks,

Gj

Posted by Валера Солдатов <v....@gmail.com>.
01.01.2018 6:18, blackj0221@gmail.com пишет:

> On 2018-01-01 02:31, Валера Солдатов<v....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 31.12.2017 17:11, NDelt (NDelt) пишет:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I'm using NetBeans 8.2 and I have some suggestions about it.
>>>
>>> 1) Old option menu & IDE information
>>>
>>> In Tools->Options menu, it supports configurations about PHP 5.6 and
>>> C++98/11/14.
>>>
>>> The problem is they are *not* latest version. Of course users can make
>>> PHP 7.0 files but final version is 7.2, and Command Line option is
>>> still PHP 5. Also, in Options->C/C++->Other menu, 'Default Standard'
>>> options don't support C++17.
>>>
>> If you speak about options only this list box has been updated many time
>> ago (http://hg.netbeans.org/main-silver/rev/7a24cb671166).
>>> I think this is because of slow update. NetBeans 8.2 came out in
>>> October 2016 and there wasn't any version update during the past year.
>>> Even the information of ‘NetBeans IDE Features - PHP Development’
>>> webpage <https://netbeans.org/features/php/index.html> is described
>>> based on PHP 5.6.
>>>
>>> Plus, I hope add Clang to basic C/C++ compiler of NetBeans IDE.(like
>>> Xcode)
>>>
>> Which platform you are using? On MacOSX and FreeBSD CLang is default
>> compiler in automatic tests in NetBeans IDE. Unfortunately you can't use
>> LLDB debugger in NetBeans, and GDB can't debug CLang executables correctly.
>>> 2) Start Page
>>>
>>> When I run NetBeans IDE, 'Start Page' is displayed with last project.
>>> I want an option to display Start Page(+Recent Projects)
>>> *without* opening last project files like Visual Studio.
>>>
>>> 3) Website/Forum Design
>>>
>>> Design of NetBeans official website and forum is too old and texts are
>>> too small so it's a little hard to read. They need modern-style web
>>> design.
>>>
>> https://netbeans.org/community/news/show/1646.html
>> Note that we will be discontinuing the web forums, i.e.,
>> forums.netbeans.org, and that in Apache there is no replacement for that
>> — Apache projects work with mailing lists only. Also, the NetBeans.org
>> website as a whole will move to Apache, while issues can already be
>> filed at https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues, which
>> is now the official place for filing Apache NetBeans issues.
>>
>>> I’m very pleased with NetBeans, but I think it would be better if
>>> these improvements are made.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>> At first time I couldn't find information that forum has been replaced by a mailing list. Contact page is also connecting to forums, not mailing lists. I think the official website should change at least its guide and url.
>> I'm using Windows and macOS but Clang did not function properly on both operating systems. I didn't know LLDB debugger is not available.

1) It just message from main page of https://netbeans.org (see attachment)

2) Can you describe 1 or 2 main problems with CLang on MacOSX? On
Windows I know 3 different CLang compilers. Clang in Cygwin, CLang in
MSYS and CLang+Microsoft Visual Studio. Which CLang you are using?

3) Theoretically You can use lldb-mi on MacOSX, but this case has to
many limitations.

Re: Suggestions for NetBeans IDE

Posted by "blackj0221@gmail.com" <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Валера Солдатов <v....@gmail.com>.