Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Denero Watz <de...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/14 19:45:21 UTC

Help needed

Hi,

Very sorry if this question is not relevant in this
list.

I recently joined slide mailing lists but yet to try
it. Looks like soon we will be using it, but right now
we have almost developed a very simple content
repository for our application. We store files in the
file system. For our requirement, the files will be
stored in a hierarchy like this:

-Folder(1)
	 |_Folder(2)
	 	   |_.......
			   |_Folder(n)
				     |_file1.doc

After certain level deep, the path length of the
document becomes more than 260 characters and Windows
known to have a path limit of 260.

I am looking for an efficient and easy solution for
this. One solution I am thinking is is once we hit the
path limit, start afresh on the root folder with a
special purpose folder under it to store the deep
level trees.
If you have come across such an issue, can you please
share your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
dw