Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2009/02/03 10:51:35 UTC

Re: M5 - JIRAs/Scope

2009/1/29 Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>:
> All,
>
> If you are working on (or plan to work on) the Java side for M5 - please can
> you scope anything you intend to do into M5 please ?
>
> Martin, Aidan & I have scoped the items we're working on into M5 (and are
> posting about the design for new features). Aside from that, there are two
> other JIRAs in M5 on the Java side. If this is really the scope/plan for M5,
> then our roadmap needs revised for this release !!
>
> It'd be good to have some discussions about some of the bigger ticket items
> proposed for M5, but currently these don't appear to be on anyone's list for
> M5 ?
>
> C++ JIRAs for M5 would be good too, but not so dear to my heart !
>
> FYI the Eclipse Management Console items are progressing separately to M5 as
> we're hoping (as raised before Xmas on the list) for a separate release of
> that component pre-M5.
>
> Regards,
> Marnie

I'll start the ball rolling here with what I'm looking to achieve for
M5. Remembering that we are time boxing our releases so I'll be
working down this list and seeing what makes the dates:

[QPID-949] Implement Flow To Disk
[QPID-1168] Complete ACLv2 Implementation
[QPID-1612] Split Java broker configuration into a number of files to
allow validation.

I'm also keen to get Robbie Gemmell's patches all committed as he has
been providing a lot of patches for the Java Eclipse Management
Console.

Would be good to co-ordinate with the rest of the Java developers as I
plan to start implementing these items directly. The designs are up on
the wiki for people to look at, though as they have been there for a
bit I'm sure you have all read them. :)

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Ritchie

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: M5 - JIRAs/Scope

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Marnie McCormack
<ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Anyone else working on something for M5 ? Be great if we could start getting
> a handle on what M5 will be.

The only exciting thing I'm planning on doing is IP White/Black lists
(QPID-1583). There are a few other bug fixes I'm planning on getting
to for M5, QPID-1621, QPID-1623.

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org