Posted to dev@tuweni.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name> on 2019/04/26 07:57:52 UTC

Moving to Maven?

Hey folks,

I am wondering if it might be worth moving to Maven. I’m saying this after spending the best part of 2 hours fixing the gradle build yet again.

Maven has a few advantages I wouldn’t mind:
-Better metadata
-Better support in Java space
-Gives us the ability to do OSGi artifacts too pretty easily

There is nothing special in our build at this time.

Anyone particularly interested to keep the Gradle build for any reason?

Cheers,

Antoine

Re: Moving to Maven?

Posted by Steven J Schroeder <sj...@apache.org>.
+1 for Gradle. We already have it and it already works. In addition, it’s
Groovy DSL is often more concise than Maven. Also it’s daemon is a nice
feature that can reduce build time quite nicely during development.

I will concede, though, that Maven has more support and a bigger following.

—
Steven Schroeder

Re: Moving to Maven?

Posted by Oleg Tikhonov <ol...@apache.org>.