Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Donald Duck <mr...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/06 03:35:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Upgrading Apache Version to 2.0 without destroying everything in the process.

Can anyone tell me if I can upgrade to apache 2.0 from apache 1.3.22 without
changing the directory and my files in it. If so is there a tutorial or doc
that lays out the process step by step. I would also like to update php perl
python mysql etc... I also was wondering is there an apache download that
has all of this already installed.

Thank you for any help ;)

PS:Everythings backwards when I look in the mirror.

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading Apache Version to 2.0 without destroying everything in the process.

Posted by Tib <ti...@tigerknight.org>.
Upgrading from apache 1.3.x to 2.0.x would be much like upgrading from
solaris 6 to solaris 8. That is to say it can't be done through 'upgrade'
type steps. What you need to do is take note of all your special settings
(extra modules, compile flags, virtual hosts, etc) from 1.3.x and tailor
those into the build of 2.0.x. A word of warning though: Although apache
2.0 is an official release and all, many modules and applications don't
fully support it yet.

<EOL>
Tib