Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade <gf...@capitaliq.com> on 2009/12/28 22:27:45 UTC

Unable to delete from index

I'm having trouble performing deletes on a Solr 1.4 index. Whether I perform the deletes by query or by id, the document in question doesn't seem to get removed from the index. Even after a commit.

I thought the problem might be the fact that I wasn't committing with expungeDeletes=true, but I've since changed that and I'm still having no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays,
-Gio.

RE: Unable to delete from index

Posted by Ankit Bhatnagar <ab...@vantage.com>.
It looks like you are using the solr multicore.

How are you setting the solr home (meaning which like are u suisng to tell the tomcat about ur solr home path)

Ankit

Posted by Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade <gf...@capitaliq.com>.
Here you go.

Thanks for your help!
Gio.

Posted by Ankit Bhatnagar <ab...@vantage.com>.

Posted by AHMET ARSLAN <io...@yahoo.com>.
> I opened up my index using Luke,
> found a document by searching for a specific ID
> (versionId:2002366155), and then I deleted it using Luke.
> After committing, performing the search again in Luke
> yielded no results.
>
> However, when I perform that same search using Solr, I get
> a result.
>
> That got me thinking that I was opening up the wrong
> directory in Luke but I've double-checked it a few times.
>
> Is it a problem that I have my data directory defined in
> solr.xml and not in solrconfig.xml?

If you are querying solr from a browser can you disable http caching in solrconfig.xml   <httpCaching never304="true"> and then try again?

RE: Unable to delete from index

Are you deleting from correct index.[Meaning verify - Solr home]
Also inspect thru luke to check the contents

Ankit

Posted by Ankit Bhatnagar <ab...@vantage.com>.