Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net> on 2004/05/16 21:15:15 UTC

Vc++ Toolkit

<quote>

The VC toolkit does support /MT
(it does not support /MD).

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ team

</quote>

Jeff

Re: Vc++ Toolkit

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
In one word...

outch :(

I had considered the vc++ toolkit for integration into the APXS utility.
We already identified that nmake was missing, so some other make
would be required.  But 95% of folks just want to compile in yet another
module for Apache and don't care to build the whole shooting match.
This sure sounded like the perfect job for VC++ toolkit, no extra nmake
or make required.

I'm really apprehensive, I've wasted a good 100 hours in the last 10 years
chasing bugs in interop between different clib (msvcrt) flavors, release and
debug mode.  I suspect this implies we must build the release version
of Apache with VC++.NET (as native, not managed code), and we should
discuss what hardships that would create.

Thanks for the update Jeff!

Bill