Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/08 10:55:17 UTC

./configure differences between 2.2.x and 2.4.x

*Please excuse my laziness* - because I am sure there is a way to get all
modules activated in both 2.2.X and 2.4.X - only that they are slightly
different - and I am sure you have documented it somewhere (and even
mentioned it (that there are differences such as ...) in passing in
previous replies)

For 2.2.X I use:
 $ ./configure CFLAGS=-O2 --enable-layout=AIX
--with-apr=/opt/bin/apr-1-config --with-apr-util=/opt/bin/apu-1-config
--with-mpm=worker --enable-ssl --enable-mods-shared=all

But this does not seem to get the mod_proxy, and likely other, mods built.

For 2.4.X I use:
  $ ./configure --enable-layout=AIX --with-apr=/opt/bin/apr-1-config
--with-apr-util=/opt/bin/apu-1-config --enable-mpms-shared=all
--enable-mods-shared=all --enable-load-all-modules --disable-lua

(Note: the --enable-load-all-modules is there for testing)

Apparently, my assumption that --enable-mods-shared=all would get all mods
built and ready for LoadModule is incorrect.

Thanks for clarification!

Michael

Re: ./configure differences between 2.2.x and 2.4.x

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
I remember that there are differences, by design.

I guess I should not do these tests after midnight - as I just saw that I
had commented out the --enable-load-all-modules. You had already shared
this wisdom!

My apologies. :(

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Fri, 8 Aug 2014 10:55:17 +0200