Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Patrick Chanezon <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/19 01:02:11 UTC

Re: [OpenSocial] Re: DapperCamp - OpenSocial Contest

CCing Shindig-dev.
Is there room in Shindig for subprojects dedicated to developer tools like
this one?

P@

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
It's hard to say whether or not this makes sense under the shindig umbrella.
Some closely related projects (like open social reference implementations
and directory server reference implementations) obviously belong and are
being worked on, but not everything gadgets or open social related belongs
in shindig.

We'd probably need more details before determining whether or not this
particular code makes sense as a part of shindig, but it could certainly be
a possibility.

However -- Shindig is an ASF project and any code contributed to it will be
ASF code (with all that implies; please see the Apache site for details). If
someone is not comfortable with the requirements that being an ASF project
imposes, they should find an alternative venue for releasing their code.

~Kevin