Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/08/16 17:33:24 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "Testimonials" by DaveSmulsky

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DaveSmulsky:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Testimonials

  Have a story to tell about how much you like SpamAssassin? Tell it here.

+ ----
+
+ We use SpamAssassin in a very large scanning cluster, and have noted over the years, that its the most versatile and powerful spam scanning and tagging platform out there. Centralized preference databases, lighting like speeds, and the least false positives in the industry (in my opionon).
+
+ Dave Smulsky - Founder - [http://www.spamminder.com.com SpamMinder Inc]
  ----

  SpamAssassin is an amazing product. When I first started spam filtering in 2000 I tried using some crude [http://www.exim.org Exim] rules. I remember thinking that if I could accurately get rid og 80% of spam that would be good enough. I though that nothing over 80% was theoretically possible. Then I discovered SpamAssassin and now - along with a lot of other tricks - I'm getting rid of better than 99% of spam without false positives. SpamAssassin is the central scoring engines that makes it all work.