Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Thomas Carsten Franke <Th...@brunel.de> on 2010/08/12 18:39:37 UTC

Problem with import org.osgi.service.log.LogService

Hi,

I'm new with OSGI and Felix and tried to use one of the example bundles
painting shapes and try around with them e.g. adding logging to come
familar with OSGI and Felix.

Following problem I can't solve when I try to import the log package
from OSGI:

D:\temp\sources\felix_trunc\examples\servicebased.host>mvn clean install

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Compilation failure

D:\temp\sources\felix_trunc\examples\servicebased.host\src\main\java\org\apache\felix\example\servicebased\host\DrawingFrame.java:[29,27]
pa
ckage org.osgi.service.log does not exist

Import looks like:

package org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.host;

import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import java.util.*;

import javax.swing.*;

import org.osgi.framework.BundleContext;
import org.osgi.framework.ServiceReference;
import org.osgi.service.log.LogService;

Later on I use the LogService to create logs which hopefully will be
output if any log listener service is started...

I already tried to adapt the POM file following:

<Import-Package>org.osgi.service.log,...

Nevertheless the package is not found.

Is the idea completely wrong or what do I wrong ?

I'm using Felix from trunc to compile the example.

Without changes - the example compiled and worked in felix as expected
(like described in tutorial)

Thx for help

regards

Thomas

Re: Problem with import org.osgi.service.log.LogService

Posted by Thomas Carsten Franke <Th...@brunel.de>.
Thx,

works fine.

Am 12.08.2010 20:58, schrieb Justin Edelson:
> You need to add the compendium as a dependency in the pom file.
>
> Justin
>
> On Aug 12, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Thomas Carsten Franke <Th...@brunel.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm new with OSGI and Felix and tried to use one of the example bundles
>> painting shapes and try around with them e.g. adding logging to come
>> familar with OSGI and Felix.
>>
>> Following problem I can't solve when I try to import the log package
>> from OSGI:
>>
>> D:\temp\sources\felix_trunc\examples\servicebased.host>mvn clean install
>>
>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>> [INFO] Compilation failure
>>
>> D:\temp\sources\felix_trunc\examples\servicebased.host\src\main\java\org\apache\felix\example\servicebased\host\DrawingFrame.java:[29,27]
>> pa
>> ckage org.osgi.service.log does not exist
>>
>> Import looks like:
>>
>> package org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.host;
>>
>> import java.awt.*;
>> import java.awt.event.*;
>> import java.util.*;
>>
>> import javax.swing.*;
>>
>> import org.osgi.framework.BundleContext;
>> import org.osgi.framework.ServiceReference;
>> import org.osgi.service.log.LogService;
>>
>> Later on I use the LogService to create logs which hopefully will be
>> output if any log listener service is started...
>>

>> I already tried to adapt the POM file following:
>>
>> <Import-Package>org.osgi.service.log,...
>>
>> Nevertheless the package is not found.
>>
>> Is the idea completely wrong or what do I wrong ?
>>
>> I'm using Felix from trunc to compile the example.
>>
>> Without changes - the example compiled and worked in felix as expected
>> (like described in tutorial)
>>
>> Thx for help
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Thomas

 Mit freundlichen Grüßen
 Brunel GmbH

 Dipl.-Inf. Thomas Carsten Franke
 - Senior Software Designer -

 Brunel GmbH
 Bereich Communications
 Daimlerring 9
 31135 Hildesheim

 Tel. +49 5121 1760-820
 Fax: +49 5121 1760-999
 E-Mail: thomas-carsten.franke@brunel.de
 Internet: www.brunel.de

 Hauptsitz: Airport City, Hermann-Köhl-Str. 1, 28199 Bremen
 Amtsgericht Bremen HRB 16935
 General Manager: Johan Arie van Barneveld

Re: Problem with import org.osgi.service.log.LogService

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.