Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Vikram Kone <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/15 09:33:22 UTC

How to run spark in standalone mode on cassandra with high availability?

Hi,
We are planning to install Spark in stand alone mode on cassandra cluster.
The problem, is since Cassandra has a no-SPOF architecture ie any node can
become the master for the cluster, it creates the problem for Spark master
since it's not a peer-peer architecture where any node can become the
master.

What are our options here? Are there any framworks or tools out there that
would allow any application to run on a cluster of machines with high
availablity?

Re: How to run spark in standalone mode on cassandra with high availability?

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
Have a look at Mesos.

Thanks
Best Regards