Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stephan Schröder <si...@gmx.de> on 2009/12/08 15:06:18 UTC

Re: returns true thought there is no listener

Wei Feng Niu wrote:

> ...Thoug there is no any server on 39001 started, after a while the target
> will return with "server has started successfully". It is very strange.
> Seems the <socket> task makes a listener on 39001 and detect it...

I have the same problem just with XP and port 80 and 8080. The socket-task
confirms an open port although Tomcat hasn't been startet yet.

<target name="isTomcat-Running">
  <condition property="tomcat.online">
    <socket port="8080" server="localhost"/>
  </condition>
  <echo>online? ${tomcat.online}</echo>
</target>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

This always returns "online? true" for the ports 80 and 8080 (but not for
random ports like 8089).
"netstat -an" and "Process And Port Analyzer 2.0" confirm that there is no
process listening on these ports. ("netstat -p" just gives an empty list.)
Is this an ant problem or does XP (or Kaspersky Anti-Virus) listen on these
ports without telling anyone?
(I wrote that code on a different computer than i'm using now. On the old
computer (Vista) it worked fine.)

regards,
Stephan