Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "yogesh.patel229" <yo...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/11 07:37:25 UTC

Load test for ActiveMQ 5.2

I am getting this error during load testing using JMeter with thousands of
threads
"
(Transport:229): Transport failed:
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive
for too long: /127.0.0.1:2488
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive
for too long: /127.0.0.1:2488
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor$4.run(InactivityMonitor.java:164)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)."

Re: Load test for ActiveMQ 5.2

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the default inactivity timeout is 30 seconds so it appears that some
of your connections are not doing any work for more than 30 seconds.
You can configure different values for the inactivity timeout through
the connection url parameters. see:
http://activemq.apache.org/slow-networks-drop-large-messages.html

2009/5/11 yogesh.patel229 <yo...@gmail.com>:

> I am getting this error during load testing using JMeter with thousands of
> threads
> "
> (Transport:229): Transport failed:
> org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive
> for too long: /127.0.0.1:2488
> org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive
> for too long: /127.0.0.1:2488
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor$4.run(InactivityMonitor.java:164)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)."

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source SOA
http://FUSESource.com