Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Doc Schneider <ma...@maddoc.net> on 2004/04/27 04:25:15 UTC

SA API

Is there a complete API for Spamassassin?
For version 3.o and also for the previous versions?

Just curious.
--

-Doc

Re: SA API

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net> writes:

> This may be a good opportunity, BTW, to get feedback on the documentation
> -- let us know what's missing. :)

After entering your feedback, please package it with this command:

  $ svn diff

and attach to a ticket in bugzilla.  ;-)

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan                     anti-spam (SpamAssassin), Linux,
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/    and open source consulting

Re: SA API

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:37:56PM -0500, Doc Schneider wrote:
> Sorry Theo my bad at asking. I just woke up and have to go to work soon. 8*(
> Yes the documentation for the API.

:)

> I'm on the spamassassin.org/doc/ site and think I founf most of what I
> need. But does this all pertain to 3.0 as well, I presume not all of it.

The easiest thing is to grab a recent tarball and do 'perldoc' on
the various modules.  We don't have a documentation area of the wiki,
for instance, to point you at, but if you read through the POD docs,
you should have everything you need.  Specifically, check out the
Mail::SpamAssassin POD, that's the main API that everyone uses.

This may be a good opportunity, BTW, to get feedback on the documentation
-- let us know what's missing. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
:       I've tried (in vi) "g/[a-z]\n[a-z]/s//_/"...but that doesn't

Re: SA API

Posted by Doc Schneider <ma...@maddoc.net>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:25:15PM -0500, Doc Schneider wrote:
>
>>Is there a complete API for Spamassassin?
>>For version 3.o and also for the previous versions?
>

> The API is always the complete API.  ;)
>
> Do you mean documentation for said API?

Sorry Theo my bad at asking. I just woke up and have to go to work soon. 8*(

Yes the documentation for the API.

I'm on the spamassassin.org/doc/ site and think I founf most of what I
need. But does this all pertain to 3.0 as well, I presume not all of it.

Thanks,

-Doc

Re: SA API

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:25:15PM -0500, Doc Schneider wrote:
> Is there a complete API for Spamassassin?
> For version 3.o and also for the previous versions?

The API is always the complete API.  ;)

Do you mean documentation for said API?

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Cloning and the reprogramming of DNA is the first serious step in
 becoming one with God."            - Scientist G. Richard Seed