Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sankar Das <00...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/16 20:40:27 UTC

Queries on memory consumption between JMeter and any other programming language

Hello Everyone,

Doing some api functional testing using JMeter. We can do it with any
automated tool or any programming language also. But Does JMeter consumes
less memory at both client and server side while executing?

Similarly, I am making a database connection and executing some queries by
using any programming language and JMeter, which consumes more memory in
database server even for single user ?

Thanks!

Re: Queries on memory consumption between JMeter and any other programming language

Posted by Ivan Rancati <iv...@gmail.com>.
hi,

a couple of ideas

Server side
Http
Take for example testing an api over http. The only difference between http
requests sent by different tools should be the "User agent" header; that
would be very unlikely to cause any difference (including memory usage) on
the server. If it did, I would consider it a defect on the web/application
server side implementation.
DB
JMeter uses standard Java libraries for DB samplers. So, unless one of the
libraries had a bug, for example not closing a connection (quite unlikely),
I would not expect differences on the db server.

Client side
Here is some info
https://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/JMeterPerformance
Perhaps you could perform similar measurement (for example with jconsole)
with Jmeter 3.0, your particular scenarios, and share your findings with
the community

Disclaimer: I'm just an average JMeter user, the JMeter devs or other users
might have more/better info