Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Francis Amanfo <fa...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/22 10:25:19 UTC

WSDL 2.0 support

Hi,

Does it Axis2 1.1 support WSDL 2.0?

Regards,
Francis

Re: WSDL 2.0 support

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Well the WSDL 2.0 spec is not finalized yet (It will in in a few months
though), but we do support WSDL 2.0 as a feature. Our goal is to support it
fully as the spec is finalized. Axis2 has the architecture to support WSDL
2.0 and we are currently integrating WSDL 2.0 to Axis2. In Axis2 1.1 it is
not supported fully though. We are hoping to support most of the features of
WSDL 2.0 by end of next month. Well this will include almost all of the
features of WSDL 2.0.

So the next release of Axis2 will support WSDL 2.0 to a great extent (Almost
fully). Till the next release is out you can use the nightlies though (may
be after mid next month).

Thanks,
Keith

Re: WSDL 2.0 support

Posted by Matthew Hannay <ma...@yahoo.com.au>.
>From the axis2 home page:
WSDL support - Axis2 supports the Web Service
Description Language, version 1.1 and 2.0, which
allows you to easily build stubs to access remote
services, and also to automatically export
machine-readable descriptions of your deployed
services from Axis2.

I have not tried any WSDL2 yet but it sounds like it
'should' work.

Matt