Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Willie Loyd Tandingan <ta...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/21 18:25:35 UTC

Emulating left outer joins with JDOQL

Hello! I've been trying but couldn't get to emulate a left outer join with
JDOQL. Here's the scenario:

Person
- String name

Template
- String name
- String field1
- boolean otherBunchOfProperties

PersonTemplate
- Person person
- Template template

I want to query all Persons along with their corresponding Template through
PersonTemplate. Adding the Template property to Person is not an option. At
the moment, we resorted to generating a query per Person to check
PersonTemplate just for prototyping purposes.. but we really have to fix
this soon.

I'm thinking of using JPQL so we could use joins since we're planning to
use RDBMS only. Has anyone tried using JPQL with Apache ISIS?