Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marcello Savino <Ma...@aldebra.com> on 2007/04/10 17:01:51 UTC

Aray of Bean and optionsCollection

Hi all, i've the following problem using the tag <html:optionsCollection
Let's say this is my code (actionForm, jsp, bean class)

public class MyForm extends ActionForm {
	private myBean[] arrayOfMyBean;
	public void reset(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest
request){
		arrayOfMyBean=someClass.getMyBeanArray();
		request.setAttribute("aBean", arrayOfMyBean);
		super.reset( mapping,  request);
	}
}

The jsp:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
label="descr"/>
myBean Class:

public class myBean implements java.io.Serializable{
	private Integer code;
	private String descr;

	public Integer getCode(){return code;}
	public String getDescr(){return descr;}

	public void setCode(Integer val){ code=val;}
	public void setDescr(String val){ descr=val;}
}

When i open the jsp i got the following Error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No bean specified

Could anyone help me?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Marcello

Re: R: Array of Bean and optionsCollection (up)

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Marcello Savino wrote:
>> At first sight, u miss the name of the collection in "
>> label="descr"/>"
> Do you mean i have to specify the attribute name="aBean"instead of
> property="aBean" ?

You only need to specify the 'name' attribute if you want to specify a
bean other than the form bean. Assuming the data you want to reference
is in the form bean, as in your case, you only need to specify the
'property' attribute.

>> second u forgot the dot in myBeanCode , it's myBean.code , Struts will
> do myBean.getCode().
> myBeanCode is only a name for the current bean in the select tag

The 'property' attribute on the select tag should name a property in
your form bean. That tells Struts where to store/retrieve the associated
value (current selection).

>> third : your form property "aBean" is an array & u use a select ( which
> a single property)
> Do you mean i have to specify the attribute name="aBean"instead of
> property="aBean" ?

You need *two* properties on your form bean: one to hold the list of
options, which you have (the 'aBean' property); and one to hold the
value that's actually selected. The html:select tag's 'property'
attribute should reference the second one:

     public class MyForm extends ActionForm {
         private myBean[] arrayOfMyBean;
         private String selectedValue;

         public myBean[] getABean() {return arrayOfMyBean;}
         public String getSelectedValue() {return selectedValue;}
         public String setSelectedValue(String val) {
             selectedValue = val;}
     }

             value="code" label="descr"/>

L.

Posted by Marcello Savino <Ma...@aldebra.com>.

Re: Array of Bean and optionsCollection (up)

Posted by Romu <ro...@gmail.com>.
At first sight, u miss the name of the collection in "
label="descr"/>"

second u forgot the dot in myBeanCode , it's myBean.code , Struts will do
myBean.getCode().

third : your form property "aBean" is an array & u use a select ( which a
single property)

not clear but i could have understood wrong .

Good luck

Array of Bean and optionsCollection (revisted)