Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2013/03/07 17:18:35 UTC

JAAS LoginModule for Syncope

Hi,

I am currently working on a JAAS based authentication for the CXF Secure
Token Service. Colm had already built custom login code for STS. So
after the switch to JAAS I wonder if there would be interest in a
general JAAS login module that talks to Syncope as backend?

We could implement this in the syncope project. I would try to implement
this module with minimal dependencies in mind. Ideally just with jdk
classes so it is as easy as possible to install the module.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: JAAS LoginModule for Syncope

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> There could be some overlap but I am not sure how much. The issues in
> the roadmap sound mostly like authentication to access syncope.
> What I have in mind is authentication for other apps with syncope as a
> auth backend.

I didn't get this at first: nice feature anyway.

> Of course you might want to investigate using JAAS for authentication
> to syncope to make it flexible.

Definitely.

Regards.

--