Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org> on 2007/07/22 06:53:06 UTC

[ANN] Maven Javadoc Plugin 2.3 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Maven Javadoc Plugin,
version 2.3.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/

You can run mvn -up to get the latest version of the plugin, or specify
the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
 <version>2.3</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Javadoc Plugin - Version 2.3

** Bug
    * [MJAVADOC-74] - Unavailable package-list prevents deploy & release
    * [MJAVADOC-83] - Aggregated javadoc page stays empty when site is
generated with the destination option active
    * [MJAVADOC-87] - doc-files ignored if they reside in the
resources directory
    * [MJAVADOC-94] - The javadoc option "-sourcetab" should be passed
as "-linksourcetab"
    * [MJAVADOC-101] - Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report
    * [MJAVADOC-104] - Javadoc of generated sources is not generated
when aggregate=true
    * [MJAVADOC-105] - Excluded package is generated (should not)
because of wrong file separator.
    * [MJAVADOC-110] - sourcepath element is not working
    * [MJAVADOC-113] - docletPath not working in 2.2 - Cannot find
doclet class ydoc.doclets.YStandard
    * [MJAVADOC-115] - getDocletPath does not return correct path
    * [MJAVADOC-117] - sourcepath and aggregate don"t work to generate
javaodc of test classes
    * [MJAVADOC-118] - src/main/javadoc of sub modules ignored for
generation of aggregated javadoc
    * [MJAVADOC-123] - Encoding Error When Getting project.name For
JavaDoc -doctitle
    * [MJAVADOC-124] - Can't find resource for bundle
com.sun.tools.doclets.formats.html.resources.standard, key
doclet.malformed_html_link_tag
    * [MJAVADOC-125] - Dont generate javadoc report if project has pom
packaging and src/main exists
    * [MJAVADOC-127] - Tests fail on MacOS X
    * [MJAVADOC-128] - Plugin does not accept URL to an offlineLink's location
    * [MJAVADOC-129] - javadocDirectory config parameter is ignored
and default doesn't work either.
    * [MJAVADOC-130] - Inproper Handling of Tag Definitions
    * [MJAVADOC-133] - Javadoc fails if footer contains newlines

** Improvement
    * [MJAVADOC-75] - Document how to deploy javadoc jars
    * [MJAVADOC-112] - How to use packages should be documented
    * [MJAVADOC-114] - Less output
    * [MJAVADOC-120] - Better handling of Javadoc resources:
overview.html, doc-files
    * [MJAVADOC-131] - file configuration should use File type instead of String

** New Feature
    * [MJAVADOC-98] - Add support for Javadoc version different from JAVA_HOME
    * [MJAVADOC-100] - Allow JavaDocs to generate for Test Code
    * [MJAVADOC-109] - Able to point to different JVM, rather then
just using what is set in JAVA_HOME
    * [MJAVADOC-121] - Add a new parameter to handle additional -J options

** Wish
    * [MJAVADOC-95] - Confusing <reportOutputDirectory> and
<outputDirectory> configuration options
    * [MJAVADOC-122] - configuration documentation

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven Javadoc Plugin 2.3 Released

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/7/22, Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>:
> Antonio Petrelli on 22/07/07 18:14, wrote:
> > 2007/7/22, Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org>:
> >> Enjoy,
> >
> > I wish I could enjoy it, but it's a problem since MJAVADOC-116 has not
> > been fixed:
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-116
> > This leads to the impossibility of releasing products like Apache
> > Tiles in an easy way.
> >
> > Sorry if I seem too rude.
>
> I find open-source developers tend to react faster when you give them a
> stripped-down zip file of the project displaying the issue. This is often easier
> to put together when you are experiencing the bug than when you are just reading
> the description of the bug and need to recreate it.

Point well taken :-)
I will attach a small project test case ASAP.

Antonio

Re: [ANN] Maven Javadoc Plugin 2.3 Released

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Antonio Petrelli on 22/07/07 18:14, wrote:
> 2007/7/22, Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org>:
>> Enjoy,
>
> I wish I could enjoy it, but it's a problem since MJAVADOC-116 has not
> been fixed:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-116
> This leads to the impossibility of releasing products like Apache
> Tiles in an easy way.
>
> Sorry if I seem too rude.

I find open-source developers tend to react faster when you give them a
stripped-down zip file of the project displaying the issue. This is often easier
to put together when you are experiencing the bug than when you are just reading
the description of the bug and need to recreate it.

Adam

Re: [ANN] Maven Javadoc Plugin 2.3 Released

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Vincent Siveton on 22/07/07 05:53, wrote:
> The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Maven Javadoc Plugin,
> version 2.3.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/
>
> You can run mvn -up to get the latest version of the plugin, or specify
> the version in your project's plugin configuration:
>
> <plugin>
> <artifactId>maven-javadoc-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>2.3</version>
> </plugin>

[snip]
> Enjoy,