Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christoph Rooms <ch...@pandora.be> on 2001/09/17 18:58:59 UTC

struts and tomcat 4

Hi all,

I tried to run a struts application on tomcat 3.2 and it worked.

Now I'm running it under tomcat 4rc2 I  get this exception :

"Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection"

anyone an idea ?

thanks !!!

christoph

Re: Problem with Tomcat

Posted by Charles Webber <ch...@earthlink.net>.
Haven't seen any reply on this, since my post.  Basically, I installed
tomcat 3.2.3 in $TOMCAT_HOME/tomcat-3.2.3.  I have RedHat Linux 7.1 running,
and this installation included Tomcat's startup and shutdown scripts, which
an RPM version I have on a different machine did not.  Not sure that's
relevant, but thought I'd throw it out.
Also, the RH 7.1 box is a completely clean install.  I followed the
installation and "getting this thing running" steps in the user guide,
setting $JAVA_HOME, $TOMCAT_HOME and other config options. I also have
running the 1.3 JDK (not only the JRE, the entire JDK was downloaded and
installed).
Now the problem.  The servlet examples work fine.  However, stack trace I
included below is what I see whenever I try running the JSP examples.
I've double checked to make sure that the java command is working properly,
and the version which does work on a RH 6.1 (Linux 2.2 kernel) is working
with the same version of Tomcat, although installation was done through RPM
instead of tar.
Any ideas?

Posted by Charles Webber <ch...@earthlink.net>.
It is the JDK.

Re: Problem with Tomcat

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.

Problem with Tomcat

Posted by Charles Webber <ch...@earthlink.net>.
[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Re: struts and tomcat 4

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, simon colston wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:35:09 +0900
> From: simon colston <si...@lexues.co.jp>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: struts and tomcat 4
>
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:06:26 -0700 (PDT)
> "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> CM> You need to check the log files created by Tomcat 4 to make sure, but the
> CM> most likely explanation is that you did not include an XML parser inside
> CM> your web app.  Tomcat 4, up until this point, has not made an XML parser
> CM> available to web apps by default.
> CM>
> CM> NOTE:  This will change, however, in the 4.0 final release.  An XML parser
> CM> will be made available -- see the Release Notes document that will come
> CM> with Tomcat 4.0 (final) for details.
>
> But we'll be able to use our favourite XML parser on a per context
> basis right?

Yes.

Re: struts and tomcat 4

Posted by simon colston <si...@lexues.co.jp>.