Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2006/10/27 17:30:59 UTC

Common Annotations for Java EE5

I was looking into what is necessary to include common annotations for
Java EE 5 compliance.  I think it's pretty minimal but thought I should
throw it out just to verify I'm not missing anything.

I presume that the actual implementation would be including in whatever
JVM we're running on so there should be no need to hunt down or
implement anything directly for Geronimo.  Does that sound right?

That just leaves the need to get a geronimo version of the spec created.
  It looks like Dave Blevins has already done most of this (presumably
finding it necessary for the EJB 3 support?).   The only annotation that
I don't see included from the spec is javax.annotation.Generated.  I can
add that annotation into the spec and validate the others.  Or course I
would eventually need to add a dependency on the annotation spec to
rmi-naming  as well so that it will be included in our future images.

Is there anything else that I would need to do here to cover the common
annotation items prior to the tck validation?

Thanks,
Joe