Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 17:53:23 UTC

[AXIS2.0] Good examples, tutorials, and books

Hi
Are there any good examples, tutorials or books for developing
Axis2.0clients and services.
I have a requirement where i have to build a Client to consume webservice,
the XSD i have is pretty complicated, i used WSDL2Java to create the
required java files, and XSD as i am using XMLBeans as client
But now i am stuck, dont know how to create a test class for the client
I would like to see an example where client is creates from WSDL
I have done
MyTestStub stub = new MyTestStub();

MyReqDoc req = new MyReqDoc(null); // the constructor has SchemaType as
input which i have no clue what is

now this req requires to have some input etc, but it is not working.

MyResponse res = stub.synchMyData(req);

Ashish

Re: [AXIS2.0] Good examples, tutorials, and books

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Ashish,

I have a comparison of the code to implement a simple service and client
using ADB, XMLBeans, and JiBX data binding. This page gives the
description and links to individual pages that compare the client code
usage for each data binding approach:
http://www.sosnoski.com/jibx-wiki/space/axis2-jibx/example

ADB is basically broken in the Axis2 1.2 release, so the ADB sample
needs Axis2 1.1.1. The other two should be fine in both Axis2 1.1.1 and 1.2.

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA and Web Services in Java
Axis2 Training and Consulting

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ashish Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi
> Are there any good examples, tutorials or books for developing Axis2.0
> clients and services.
You may have a look at quick start guide:
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_2/quickstartguide.html
The following blog entry also have a good set of reference list:
http://tssblog.techtarget.com/index.php/mini-guide-apache-web-services/
HTH

Samisa...

--