Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by msmolyak <ms...@rocketmail.com> on 2008/07/18 01:38:45 UTC

JMeter tests stop abruptly

I am running stress tests against a EJB3 application deployed on Oracle
Application Server 10.1.3. In the development environment (small company
network) the JMeter tests run fine. When I try running the same tests in the
target environment (large corporate network) the tests runs for a certain
number of iterations and then stops.

The test includes a series of HTTP requests. I tried thread running 40, 20
and 10 users, 50 iterations each. The point where JMeter stops generating
request looks rather random. The test is definitely not complete (although
usually one thread usually completes by the time it stops). There are no
error messages. I waited for up to 30 minutes with no results. The only
thing I do it to stop the test. All the requests up to the point where test
stops are successful.

I tried setting httpclient.timeout value to 60000 (ms) in jmeter.properties
file hoping that requests would time out. The property had no effect on the
test.

How do I discover the reason for interrupted tests?

Thank you,

Michael

Re: JMeter tests stop abruptly

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Please start a new thread for a new question, and please use a
suitable subject line.

RE: JMeter tests stops abruptly

Posted by msmolyak <ms...@rocketmail.com>.
Adrian,

How do you do it?

Michael

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18/07/2008, msmolyak <ms...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

>  I am running stress tests against a EJB3 application deployed on Oracle
>  Application Server 10.1.3. In the development environment (small company
>  network) the JMeter tests run fine. When I try running the same tests in the
>  target environment (large corporate network) the tests runs for a certain
>  number of iterations and then stops.
>
>  The test includes a series of HTTP requests. I tried thread running 40, 20
>  and 10 users, 50 iterations each. The point where JMeter stops generating
>  request looks rather random. The test is definitely not complete (although
>  usually one thread usually completes by the time it stops). There are no
>  error messages. I waited for up to 30 minutes with no results. The only
>  thing I do it to stop the test. All the requests up to the point where test
>  stops are successful.
>
>  I tried setting httpclient.timeout value to 60000 (ms) in jmeter.properties
>  file hoping that requests would time out. The property had no effect on the
>  test.
>
>  How do I discover the reason for interrupted tests?

Given that the tests work fine with the development server, it sounds
like there is a problem with the target server or network, especially
since the problem occurs with just 10 threads.

I suggest you speak to the server administrators and ask them to check
the logs to see if there are any problems.