Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Chamila Wijayarathna <cd...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/05 19:25:16 UTC

Unable to load thrift_native extension. Defaulting to pure Ruby libraries.

Hello all,
I'm trying to run ruby tests in cross language tests and getting following
error.

*/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require': cannot
load such file -- thrift_test (LoadError)*
* from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'*
* from rb/integration/accelerated_buffered_server.rb:24:in `<main>'*
*Unable to load thrift_native extension. Defaulting to pure Ruby libraries.*

Any clue on this?

Thank You!
--
*Chamila Dilshan Wijayarathna,*
SMIEEE, SMIESL,

Re: Unable to load thrift_native extension. Defaulting to pure Ruby libraries.

Posted by Dimat Levchenko <ld...@gmail.com>.
try running this one only test as i did. if all goes ok - then there is
some trouble on test.sh level, otherwise - you will have smaller scope of
problem. check if thrift_test file is generated (test/rb/> make stubs)

Posted by Chamila Wijayarathna <cd...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dimat Levchenko <ld...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chamila Wijayarathna <cd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dimat,

Posted by Dimat Levchenko <ld...@gmail.com>.
did you install thrift gem ?

Posted by Chamila Wijayarathna <cd...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Chamila Wijayarathna <cd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roger,
My running Ruby version is 1.9.3, but still getting the same result.
Thank You!

Posted by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>.
Hi Chamila