Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Max Z." <wi...@usa.net> on 2002/07/18 08:15:45 UTC

Caching problems

I have both tomcat 3 and tomcat 4 installed. I have an application running
with a few jsp files. I am trying to make sure the browser does not cache
the pages. So I use the following code:

response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache");
response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache");
response.setDateHeader("Expires",-1);

When I run this under tomcat 3, these lines have no effect and pages are
cached in the browser.
When I run this under tomcat 4, these pages are not cached and forces the
user to reload.

The problem is that the environment in which this app will be running is
running tomcat 3. Is this a feature or a bug? Any reasons why this is
happening ? Is there any way to make it work?

Thank You
Max