Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jack Woehr <ja...@purematrix.com> on 2004/04/16 19:00:27 UTC

Fileset customized per customer?

"I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!?" - Curly Howard (Three Stooges)

I've got a bunch of generic files with in a directory. Customer subdirectories may contain some, all, or no customer-specific versions
of the same files contained in the parent, e.g.:

     config/ --+

               +-- foo.conf

               +-- bar.conf

               +-- A/ --+   ( <== customer A)
               |        |
               |        +-- foo.conf

               +-- B/ --+ (  <== customer B)

                        +-- foo.conf

                        +-- bar.conf

I'd like to say:

     "Copy with filterset overwrite everything in the base config/ directory, but for each file
     in the config/ dir, if there exists a file with the same name in config/${customer}/, then
     use that file instead."

I've done this in a few cases by calculating the resultant pathnames into properties, but the situation
is becoming global. Is there a generic answer to this sort of problem?

--
Jack J. Woehr            # "[F]ar in the empty sky a solitary esophagus slept
http://www.well.com/~jax #  upon motionless wing; everywhere brooded stillness,