Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/08/25 06:50:35 UTC

The Matrix

I filled in the Matrix.

-jon

Re: The Matrix

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 8/25/01 1:14 AM, "Kasper Nielsen" <ne...@kav.dk> wrote:

> Perhaps it should be based on releashed versions.
> Its not a fair comparsion if we compare our alpha software with other
> frameworks that has to have a releashed version.

We do have alpha releases that people can use. There are also other projects
depending on these alpha versions already, so we know they work, it is just
a bit of maintenance to keep up...just like it used to be before we got
stable.

> I think its a great idea to have a matrix like that, but in this form it
> will only make us look arrogant (We have 3 XXX in almost all colums) and non
> realistic. Its so biased......

It is biased against what is the future for Turbine. So far, the future
looks pretty damn bright eh? :-)

> I also think we should seperate the entries into categories like
> 'Presentation Part' (MVC, speed, form validation, I18n, stability)
> Enterprise Integration (DB pooling, service framework, Data Abstraction
> Layer, E2JJ integration), Availability (Cost, Vendor Support, Training,....)

I just took what they gave me. Feel free to make the modifications and do
the changes yourself. :-)

> - Kasper
> ps. whats the difference between 'Reasonably Fast' and 'Very Fast' ??
> I don't whink we can have a speed comparison without having done any tests
> comparing all of them.

LOL!

As we all know, speed tests are lame. However, there have been speed tests
against 2.1 and 3.0alpha's and we are seeing something like 4x speed
improvements on something that already seemed very fast. Speed has *never*
been an issue for Turbine/Velocity, however, with any other system that
depends on JSP, speed will be a factor of whatever JSP engine you use.
Needless to say, Tomcat is an admitted dog when it comes to speed.

-jon

Re: The Matrix

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.