Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gene LeDuc <gl...@mail.sdsu.edu> on 2008/06/05 19:37:53 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL error building 2.2.8

Hi All,

I'm not sure whether this list is the best one for asking about build
issues.  If not, please point me to the one I should ask this question on.

I'm upgrading several packages on a Solaris 9 server.  The first ones I did
were openssl-0.9.8h (from 0.9.8d) and openssh-5.0p1.  Since openssh is
working fine I'm assuming that openssl installed correctly.  Apache 2.2.3
is currently installed and works fine with ssl.

I want to use ssl and some non-standard paths, so I used this configure
command (which I'm pretty sure is the command I used for 2.2.3):
   ./configure --prefix=/opt/local/www --enable-so --enable-ssl
--with-ssl=/opt/local/ssl --with-perl=/opt/local/bin/perl

Openssl is installed in /opt/local/ssl and perl does live in /opt/local/bin.

Configure died with the following error lines and I am out of ideas to
figure out what the problem might be.  I have confirmed that openssl works
by the fact that openssh works and I'm able to generate keys.  If anyone
can point me to someplace to start looking (or share their solution to a
similar problem) I'd sure appreciate it.

===== begin snippet
checking whether to enable mod_ssl... checking dependencies
checking for SSL/TLS toolkit base... /opt/local/ssl
checking for OpenSSL version... checking openssl/opensslv.h usability... yes
checking openssl/opensslv.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/opensslv.h... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
OK
checking openssl/engine.h usability... yes
checking openssl/engine.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/engine.h... yes
checking for SSLeay_version in -lcrypto... no
checking for SSL_CTX_new in -lssl... no
checking for ENGINE_init... no
checking for ENGINE_load_builtin_engines... no
checking for SSL_set_cert_store... no
configure: error: ... Error, SSL/TLS libraries were missing or unusable
===== end snippet

Thanks,
Gene

--