Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Anu Kulatunga <an...@bea.com> on 2003/08/06 07:44:57 UTC

Presenting certificates for 2-way SSL authentication

I am trying to access a URL on a server that requires 2-way SSL authentication.
I believe this means that I will have to present my certificates to the server.

Does HTTPClient have a mechanism to facilitate this ?
What is the best way for me to present these certificates ?

-Anu

Re: Presenting certificates for 2-way SSL authentication

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello Anu,

this is not really an HTTP client issue. The HTTP client just
uses an SSL socket obtained from an SSLSocketFactory.
The default implementation for SSL sockets is Sun's JSSE.
It uses it's own mechanism for presenting client certificates
if requested by the server. See also Sun's JSSE docs and
samples:

http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/guide/security/jsse/samples/index.html
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/guide/security/jsse/samples/sockets/client/SSLSocketClientWithClientAuth.java

regards,
  Roland

"Anu Kulatunga" <an...@bea.com>
06.08.2003 07:44
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"

        To:     <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Presenting certificates for 2-way SSL
authentication