Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Harsh Grover <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/18 18:26:00 UTC

Redirect & RedirectAction forwarding to localhost:8080 if no protocol mentioned in namespace

I'm using redirectAction to send the user to another action using
redirectAction. However, if the namespace is not provided, the request is
getting forwarded to localhost:8080 (my server instance). I'm using apache
in front of my app server, and this is breaking my flow. Is there any
configuration I need to change? I cant put the complete url in my namespace
since I have multiple environments.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Redirect & RedirectAction forwarding to localhost:8080 if no protocol mentioned in namespace

Posted by Harsh Grover <ha...@gmail.com>.
my bad, i misunderstood what you meant. Ya, I've tried with the namespace.
it still goes to localhost:8080

I've currently written up a new class which extends
ServletActionRedirectResult, and there, I'm setting the namespace with the
hard url (which is being read from a properties file). So I preappend the
url (http://test.com) to the namespace in my custom class. This ensures that
the url in the browser does not change to localhost:8080. Not sure if that's
the best solution though.

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hard url? I didn't suggest you to hard code url inside namespace. You
should use namespace defined in your package declaration.
<package name="yourPackageName" extends="struts-default"
namespace="/YOUR_NAMESPACE">
   <action name="userLogin" class="com.UserAction" method="login">
   <result name="success">home.jsp</result>
<result name="login-failed" type="redirectAction">
<param name="actionName">loadLogin</param>
<param name="namespace">YOUR_NAMESPACE</param>
<param name="prependServletContext">true</param>
<param name="loginFailed">true</param>
</result>
</action>
<action name="loadLogin" class="com.UserAction" method="loadLogin">
<result name="success">login.jsp</result>
</action>

</package>
2011/1/20 Harsh Grover <ha...@gmail.com>:
> yup, setting a hard url in namespace works, however, I have multiple
> development & test instances, each having their own unique url and I would
> want to avoid having to change the url in every build. I'm using maven &
> svn, and right now, i download the code from svn, I can run it without
> making any code changes. I'd like to keep it that way.
>
> Is there any way I could add parameters to struts.xml to be read from some
> properties file?
>
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Maurizio Cucchiara <
> maurizio.cucchiara@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Location is for the simply redirect result.
>> Did you try instead to set namespace parameter for redirectAction result?
>>
>> 2011/1/20 Mohamed SIDI <mh...@gmail.com>:
>> > I think your configuration miss some parameters like "location"
>> >
>> > you may have more details in this page
>> >
>> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/struts2-core/apidocs/org/apache/struts2/dispatcher/ServletRedirectResult.html#prependServletContext
>> >
>> > thank

>> request
>> any

>> > --
>> >

>> > Cordialement
>> >
>> > Mohamed
>> >

>> --
>> Maurizio Cucchiara

Maurizio Cucchiara

Re: Redirect & RedirectAction forwarding to localhost:8080 if no protocol mentioned in namespace

Posted by Harsh Grover <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Maurizio Cucchiara

Re: Redirect & RedirectAction forwarding to localhost:8080 if no protocol mentioned in namespace

Posted by Mohamed SIDI <mh...@gmail.com>.

--

Cordialement

Mohamed

Re: Redirect & RedirectAction forwarding to localhost:8080 if no protocol mentioned in namespace

Posted by Harsh Grover <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh Grover <ha...@gmail.com>.
here it is.

Posted by Mohamed SIDI <mh...@gmail.com>.