Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by "Adam Hardy (SQL)" <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2009/02/02 15:05:28 UTC

Re: InvalidStateException: Attempt to set column "client.version" to two different values

John Leach wrote:

> I must stop talking to myself. Yes it is a bug
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-327 OPENJPA-327
>
> The test case uses @PostUpdate, but the same thing seems to happen for
> @PreUpdate. Sigh.

This old bug came out of the woodwork to bite me today, presumably because I
started using javaagent to enhance my entities.

It looks like the so-called "low hanging fruit" in terms of easy bug fixes,
but it's been around since version 1.0 so I guess there must be another
reason why it's not fixed.

Does anybody have some feedback on this, and perhaps a work-around for doing
auditing and saving a user-defined 'last-modified' field?

Regards
Adam