Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Frances Stewart <fr...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/03/14 22:58:53 UTC

BeanDeserializer Axis 1.4

I believe there is a bug in BeanDeserializer.handleMixedContent  method.
Specifically this line:
            MessageElement thisEl = new MessageElement(new
org.apache.axis.message.Text(textValue));

MessageElement does not have a constructor that takes an
org.apache.axis.message.Text object. It does have one that takes
org.w3c.dom.CharacterData, but org.apache.axis.message.Text is not castable
org.w3c.dom.CharacterData.

I have created a stripped down version of BeanDeserializer that basically
only does the line above, and it will not compile:
FESBeanDeserializer.java:79: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : constructor MessageElement (org.apache.axis.message.Text)
location: class org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement
            MessageElement thisEl = new MessageElement(new
org.apache.axis.message.Text("blah"));

Does anyone see where I am mistaken about this? I know that axis-1.4.jar
contains BeanDeserializer.class with this flaw - so not sure how the class
was compiled for inclusion in the jar.

Thanks,
Frances Stewart