Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> on 2009/05/15 18:35:21 UTC

Setting up git-svn with a git.apache.orig

Hi guys,

Just a quick notification that I've updated a couple of URLs in the
GitAtApache wiki page [1]. The git.apache.org repositories have been
mirrored from svn.apache.org (at least that's what the git-svn-ids indicate)
so the 'git svn init' needs to be done on svn.apache.org as well and not
svn.eu.apache, which would fail (it still referenced here and there). Let me
know if there's any problem with the update.

Thanks for all the git work!
Matthieu

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache

Re: Setting up git-svn with a git.apache.orig

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
OK.  Tried again and it worked this time.   Not sure what the difference is.

Worked perfectly.  Even the dcommit worked.

Thanks!
Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Setting up git-svn with a git.apache.orig

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri May 15 2009 4:48:15 pm Matthieu Riou wrote:
> > On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > I don't think that works.   If I try that with CXF, on the git svn
> > > rebase, I
> > > get:
> > >
> > > RA layer request failed: Server sent unexpected return value (403
> > > Forbidden)
> > > /usr/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 4297
> > >
> > > I think the mod_dontdothat on svn.apache.org makes that not work
> > > correctly.
> >
> > When did you try? It worked for me this morning.
>
> I tried right after I saw your email.   :-)
>

> > Hasn't mod_dontdothat been
> > disabled on svn.apache.org recently?
>
> No idea, but if you are in europe, svn.apache.org would be mapped to
> svn.eu.apache.org and thus wouldn't have hit it either.

I'm in sunny (at least today) San Francisco :)

Matthieu

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Setting up git-svn with a git.apache.orig

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't think that works.   If I try that with CXF, on the git svn rebase,
> get:
>
> RA layer request failed: Server sent unexpected return value (403
> Forbidden)
> /usr/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 4297
>
> I think the mod_dontdothat on svn.apache.org makes that not work
> correctly.

When did you try? It worked for me this morning. Hasn't mod_dontdothat been

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.