Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rich M <ri...@moremagic.com> on 2010/10/27 19:33:46 UTC

[5.1.0.5] - SSL, @Secure annotation, Jetty

Hi,

so I need to get my application running happily in SSL and I'm
encountering some issues. I am trying to figure out where exactly my
problem lies.

I run Jetty as the servlet container for my Tapestry application, and
previously had it working nicely on port 8080 in HTTP.

Now I need to be running exclusively in SSL. The first step I took was
to re-configure Jetty to use the SslSocketConnector instead of the
SelectChannelConnector, based on
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/How+to+configure+SSL :

<connector implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector">

                           <port>8443</port>

                           <maxIdleTime>300000</maxIdleTime>

                           <keystore>${sslKeystore}</keystore>

                           <password>${sslPassword}</password>

                           <keyPassword>${sslPassword}</keyPassword>

                           <truststore>${sslKeystore}</truststore>

                           <trustPassword>${sslPassword}</trustPassword>

</connector>

I then applied the @Secure annotation as advised in the Tapestry
documentation <http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/guide/secure.html>
, to enforce HTTPS mode:

public void contributeMetaDataLocator(MappedConfiguration<String,String>  configuration)
{
     configuration.add(MetaDataConstants.SECURE_PAGE, "true");
}

Furthermore, I have PRODUCTION_MODE set to true and SECURE_ENABLED set
to true in contributeApplicationDefaults.

Now at this point, HTTP requests still seem to work fine, and nothing
seems to be rewritten to HTTPS from the client side. This is what makes
me think I may be facing a Tapestry issue.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
Rich